Friday, January 9, 2015

where I've been

So, although I don't think there are very many of you who regularly read this blog, just in case there's one lone soul out there who was curious as to where I disappeared to, I'll acknowledge the fact that I have been AWOL.

I don't really have any excuses, I really just became busy with school work, friends, life and all that. I also just became unmotivated to write in general, both my novel as well as this blog. There was a huge turn around in my life in the last couple of months, that really consumed all my energy and thoughts.

I won't dwell on it too much, because I've talked/wrote/thought about it far too much, but it's really inspired me to take a new turn in my writing, and I've started a small non-fiction project. It feels so promising and I'm extremely excited.

Back to this whole "life change thing". In short (if it's possible to put it in short), in late December I made the decision to leave the relationship I had been in for almost 4 years (for many, many reasons) and pursue things with someone who I've met at my college. I mean, that really is the most vague and short way to put it, because it's way more complicated than that, and maybe one day I'll blog about it, but for right now I'll keep it simply as that for the sake of everyone involved, including myself.

This was probably the most evolutionary decision of my life for many reasons, and it really felt freeing, to be in control of my life and the choices I've made. I am not the type of person to shake things up in my life or initiate any sort of change, but it got to the point where I couldn't deny myself of the happiness that I knew I deserved and needed, and choosing to make these life changes has brought me that. I'm glad that I came into the new year with this positive energy and happiness that makes every day so much brighter.

Coming back to this blog was extremely spur of the moment, literally I decided 10 minutes ago to post something. I just didn't have it in me anymore, I have been journaling constantly and felt like I was getting my creative outlet in other places, but there was something so thought provoking about this activity, and I think that's good for me.

I don't know if I'll keep up with the daily blog posts, that was pretty time consuming, but I will as frequently and avidly as I can with my courses I'm taking this semester. I hope I still have this motivation tomorrow, because I really did decide this less than 30 minutes ago, and I tend to be a stop and go kind of person. Regardless, I feel as if I have a lot to say to the world right now, even if the only people who read this are my friends who I sit down and force to.

No comments:

Post a Comment