Monday, June 15, 2015

Ready. set. WRITE! Week 2


1. HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS


I did not complete any of last week's goals. Well, I did write about 400 words of a random part of my manuscript (BIBT), so that was something I'm pretty proud of! I guess there aren't really any real excuses, but I was interning every day for an Audio Fiction Festival and it was very time consuming and my head wasn't really in the writing place (although it should always be).

2. MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK


This week I hope to get back into the swing of things, relax and get out of work mode, and just write. I want to work on the beginning of BIBT and try and finalize some character/plot details that I haven't really decided on. It's about time I just sit myself down and decide. 


3. A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED


"She smiles at me, and it’s as if my heart expands to the rest of my body, like it swallows the rest of me whole and I’m just this naked, pure, beating heart." - this was from the random excerpt I wrote and it is by far my favorite line from it!

4. THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK


The biggest challenge I faced this week was not stressing out about my internship, juggling my time between the internship, my sister who is in town visiting, and the fact that I do not have a car to get around. Also, money. And because of all this I couldn't even think about anything else, especially writing, therefore I struggled with writing. I feel relieved that the temporary internship is over and I'm at my regular internship now, and I have loads more time to focus on writing and my general overall sanity that I lost for a little while there.


5. SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WiP  


Something I love about my WiP, which is BIBT (Believing In Better Things), is that I'm actually treating it like it could be a real thing. Everything I wrote before this, I never thought I would sit down and think about publishing and editing, now I actually love my story and characters and it feels so natural compared to anything I've done before.

2 comments:

  1. I love the line you shared! Also an Audio Fiction Fest sounds amazing. How cool!

    Good luck this week with writing and all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That line was ah-maze-zing! You got this! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete