Monday, June 22, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE Week 3

How I did on last week's goals:  Last week's goals were ambitious, to say the least, but I did a little bit of what I wanted to get done. I did in fact write! I didn't map out my characters or work on my beginning but I wrote, and that's what counts!

My goals for this week: Write more. Stop being lazy and tired, work harder. Create a habit of writing every day because that is what I really need to focus on

A favorite line from my story: I actually have two lines that I really like from what I wrote this week:


"I was worried that jumping from one person to the other was a bad idea, that I need time to “discover myself”. But I’ve got it all wrong; this is about me, this is exactly what I want and exactly what I need. I love her selfishly."


"I’ve spent so much of my life focusing on being happy that I never realized how unhappy I actually was." 
 
Biggest challenge this week:  Juggling time, staying focused, and remembering what's important. I've felt really lost lately, and I'm not sure why. Everything in my life has been going so perfectly, but I can't seem to figure out who I am. So writing has been difficult because it can be really hard to focus.

Something I love about my WiP: My WiP hits very, very close to home for me. As in it started as a nonfiction piece and I changed it to fiction in order to be more flexible. So the characters are people I hold very close to my heart. I love the honesty of the story most of all.


I hope every has been having an awesome week and here's to the start of another one!

2 comments:

  1. Abby! I love those lines... that said you really need to fix your font color because the only way to read your post was to 'select the text' and copy it into a notepad window.

    Good luck on your goals, and don't get too down on yourself during the bad days. They happen, and you will always have another chance to do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hmm, yeah my blog has been giving me issues, I'll try to fix that!

      Delete